Saturday, April 03, 2010

Clash of the Wimpy Kids.

I've currently got John Mayer's 'Why Georgia' stuck in my head.

Has been since last night, throughout the entire morning after I woke up to Ivanka's text message till the afternoon.

Good song, that.

Oh, and I love the weather today. All nice and windy, not so humid, drizzly and cool. I love it when the weather's like that.


Spent my morning teaching Ivanka basic chords in the fifth floor TV room. Her enthusiasm is awesome. Teaching people who constantly mention giving up because they suck during their first try isn't much fun, to be honest. It's good to understand that it takes time to get to anywhere.

I've missed playing.

Went out to Vivo after lunch with Insan, Kelvin and Wee Thean.

Managed to waste a whole load of time before 'Clash of the Titans' started.

Stepped into a bookstore for the first time in around a month and a half, I think. Now that's sad. But since we're all nerds, we spent ages there checking out weird books (perfect guide to bras? Facebook for Dummies? Heck).

Picked up a few myself, 'cause I'm done with LotR and my vow to not buy any books till I finished is effectively over.

'Dawn of the Dreadfuls' (prequel to 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'), 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief' (pretty curious about how good the book is compared to the movie 'cause Insan keeps complaining about how awful the movie was), and 'The Umbrella Academy' ('cause, you know, Gerard Way and plenty of curiosity).

They didn't have 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules' though. And come to think of it, why didn't I get 'Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters'?

Maybe that's 'cause I spend way too much on books (but then again, I hardly buy clothes and I certainly don't require a ridiculously large amount of shoes).

Had Ben & Jerry's beforehand. I love ice cream.

As for the movie, well, personally I don't think it was that great.

I'd rate it well in terms weirdness and strange scenes of possible humour, but the action scenes were a huge blur thanks to the failed 3D effect (my eyesight is screwed), so it was basically "fight scene! blur blur blur it's over omg what happened who won?". And the funny thing is that Perseus has an adorable British accent as a boy, but turns Australian twelve years later (the dude from Avatar played him). How interesting.

And Zeus, come on, man. Bring yourself together. Stop having affairs and illegitimate children and please stop rewarding people with "here, have a sword and Pegasus, son, and oh, thanks for saving mankind. I'll toss in a hot chick for you while I'm at it". Weird.

Jinn scenes FTW though.

Okay, better go now.

Night.


P.S. When we stepped out of the movie theatre, the first thing we said was probably, "Oh my Gee it's still a Saturday." *insert sighs of relief* "I love long weekends."


No comments: